Understanding Child Protection : Face to Face Course Full Day 09:30 – 16:30 (Arrival and Registration between 09:00 and 09:25 for a 09:30 start)
Course Description and Outcomes
This course offers detailed knowledge and exploration of the legal context of safeguarding and child protection processes and procedures in England. It explores Plymouth’s approach to supporting children, young people and families and how we all work together to ensure children receive the right help at the right time. Participants will:
- Develop their understanding of the signs, symptoms and types of abuse and apply this in practice.
- Understand and be able to apply child protection processes and procedures.
- Understand how children and young people show and tell us they are being harmed.
- Be able to speak confidently and compassionately with children and young people to ensure they receive the right help at the right time.
- Be able to have courageous conversations with families so they receive the right help at the right time.
- Consider learning from local and national Serious Case Reviews and Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews and apply this in practice.
Who is this course for?
This course is for all staff/volunteers across the multi-agency network who work predominantly with children, young people, parents/carers or adults and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, supporting and reviewing the needs of children and young people.
There is a cost to attend this course for all partner agencies including the statutory and voluntary sectors. Some agencies have a pre-paid funding arrangement with us meaning the cost of attendance is already covered. These are:
- Devon and Cornwall Police
- Plymouth City Council
- Devon Integrated Care Board
- City College Plymouth
- Livewell Southwest
- Plymouth Hospitals Trust
- All Children’s Centre’s
- All Childminders
- All Nursery/Pre-school Settings
If you don’t work for any of the above agencies or services the cost to attend is £85 per person.
How can I book a space and what are the dates and times?
You can book a space using our Microsoft Form online application below.
Pre-course Preparation: This course includes pre-course preparation for participants. Please click on the link below for further details.