Harmful Sexual Behaviour: Face to Face Full Day Course 9.30am – 4.30pm
Course Description and Outcomes
Research tells us that anywhere from one fifth to two thirds of child sexual abuse is committed by children and young people. Therefore, understanding, responding to and supporting young people who display harmful sexual behaviour is an area of practice that professionals need to consider. Participants will:
- Develop their understanding of harmful sexual behaviour as a continuum.
- Consider the risks and needs of children who present with harmful sexual behaviour.
- Explore the possible impact of working with children who have sexually harmed.
- Consider the pathways to harm for children who present with harmful sexual behaviour.
- Explore the underlying reasons why a child might present with harmful sexual behaviour.
- Consider the impact for the family.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at any practitioners who work with children and young people and who would benefit from a greater understanding of harmful sexual behaviour and how best to identify and respond.
There is a cost to attend this course for all partner agencies including the statutory and voluntary sectors. Some agencies have a pre-paid funding arrangement with us meaning the cost of attendance is already covered. These are:
- Devon and Cornwall Police
- Plymouth City Council
- Devon Integrated Care Board
- City College Plymouth
- Livewell Southwest
- Plymouth Hospitals Trust
- All Children’s Centre’s
- All Childminders
- All Nursery/Pre-school Settings
If you don’t work for any of the above agencies or services the cost to attend is £85 per person.
How can I book a space and what are the dates and times?
You can book a space using our Microsoft Form online application below.
Please read Plymouth’s Professional’s Guide to Supporting Children & Young People Who Present with Harmful Sexual Behaviour prior to attendance.