Professionals Enquiry Training Workshops: Face to Face Half Day Course
Morning Session 09:30 – 12:30 (Arrival and Registration between 09:00 and 09:25 for a 09:30 start)
Afternoon Session13:30 – 16:30 (Arrival and Registration between 13:00 and 13:25 for a 13:30 start)
Course Description and Outcomes
This course supports the new Building Support – Threshold document, to be published in September 2023 and shared prior to attendance at the course.
The course explores Plymouth’s approach to supporting children, young people and families and how we all work together to ensure children receive the right help at the right time.
- Be able to have courageous conversations with families so they receive the right help at the right time.
- Be able to speak confidently and compassionately with children and young people to ensure they receive the right help at the right time.
- Identify and apply the different Thresholds when looking at making a referral to Children’s Social Care
- Understand the role consent plays in referrals and when to share information
- Develop their understanding of the signs, symptoms and types of abuse and apply this in practice.
- Understand and be able to apply child protection processes and procedures.
Who is this course for?
This course is for all staff/volunteers across the multi-agency network who work predominantly with children, young people, parents/carers or adults and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, supporting and reviewing the needs of children and young people.
There is no cost to attend this course
How can I book a space and what are the dates and times?
You can book a space using our Microsoft Form online application below. All of the workshop dates below will be held at the Council House building and all of them will be delivered in person.
This course will be running 3 times a week for 8 weeks.
Please note attendance at the course will be monitored and reported back to your organisation, therefore if you are unable to attend, please notify the PSCP safeguarding training mailbox to rearrange.
Pre-course Preparation: This course includes a pre-read, which will be sent out prior to the course.